Tuesday, February 28, 2012

sweets n' treats

Vanilla Mini Delights Cupcake via The Hummingbird Bakery

Last week I had the craziest idea to give up all sweets [yes, ALL] for lent. Tomorrow will mark my first whole week without any type of sweets, but let me tell you it has been the longest week ever! [I literally have dreams of eating chocolate fudge brownies + vanilla bean ice cream]. I knew this was going to be a huge challenge for me, but I honestly never put into consideration how many sweets on a day to day basis are thrown at ya! Now, I've realized if I don't have any sweets in front of me [or hidden away in the house] it does get a little easier. But boy when you're at a restaurant and somebody in your party orders a delicious slice of pie or a chocolate lava cake drizzled with a raspberry glaze - I really just want to give up altogether. Period. So, I've decided to torture myself a little more with pictures of some oh-so-delicious treats from a few of my favorite blogs below. 

peace, love, pugs, & cupcakes... LOTS of CUPCAKES,
katie

Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes via Annie's Eats

Various Chocolate Bars via More Design Please

St. Louis Gooey Butter Cake via smitten kitchen

Baked S'mores via The Apron Gal


Thin Mint Cookies via Cupcakes and Cashmere


Toasted Marshmallow Shake via Cupcakes and Cashmere 


2 comments:

  1. No sweets?? I'm sorry, but that is a a TERRIBLE idea! Haha :)
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Heather - Haha, you're very right! It is an AWFUL idea and I am struggling tremendously! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! P.S. Your blog is absolutely adorable! :)

      Delete